Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Happy 100th Post!

"This above all, to thine own self be true." - Polonius, William Shakespeare, Hamlet

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." - Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Self-Reliance"

Today we celebrate a milestone in the history of It's A Magical World. It has been a dream of mine for quite some time to have a forum where I can expound upon any random subject I feel like discussing. Thanks to some inspiration from a friend with a blog of her own, my dream became reality on May 18th with the posting of a certain Calvin & Hobbes comic. One hundred posts later, here we are.

The wonderful thing for me about It's A Magical World is that it's entirely my own creation. I have no rules to follow, no space limitations to fulfill, no theme to reflect on a daily basis. It's true that most of my postings concern either sports, travel, television, or politics, but such subject matter merely reflects my interests. And if I want to mix things up and do something different, like hijacking the blog for a week and a half to turn it into an online vacation journal, that's my prerogative. It's all about me, me, and me.

On this momentous occasion, I want to thank all of my faithful readers. This blog would be pointless if nobody were around to read it. While I've said that my effort would be worthwhile if only a single person were checking it out, I do feel that the more who click on by, the merrier. And even more power to those of you who take the time to leave comments. I know many of you from outside of cyberspace and I'd be lying if I said that I didn't write some days with certain devotees in mind. But I'm also aware that others of you come to It's A Magical World from far-flung corners of the country and the world and do not know me beyond my internet persona. I encourage you to drop me a line and let me know you're out there so that I can better get to understand my readers. It's been great having all of you along for the first hundred posts and I hope you stick around with me for the next hundred.

Tune in again tomorrow for a bit of a retrospective, which, I assure you, will take my usual self-indulgence to a whole new level.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"The effect of liberty to individuals is that they may do what they please" - Edmund Burke

I look forward to the next 100.