Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Top Five It's A Magical World Posts

In celebration of my 100th post, please enjoy a short retrospective of where we've been so far.

1. My Passport (Friday, May 19)
Was I vain enough to catalog every stamp in my passport and post it on the internet, thinking people would actually want to read it? Evidently so. Actually, it makes a lot of sense that I give such reverence to my passport seeing as how it is both the means and record of my top passion -- international travel. It is arguably my most prized possession and I wanted to show it off to the world.

2. Why I'm Not Doing Law Review (Friday, May 19)
This post represented my first opportunity to take It's A Magical World and use it to vent. It's one thing to take the blog and use it to express my burning opinions on immigration policy and Venice's subway system. But I had struggled deeply with the decision whether to participate in the Harvard Law Review competition and once I had made up my mind, I needed some way to rationalize it. Formulating my feelings into words and posting them for the world to see forced me to make sure my reasoning was sound. Once my thoughts were sent hurtling off into cyberspace there was no turning back. And you know what? It made me feel a lot better about my choice. I have not regretted it for a minute ever since.

3. Burn Baby Burn (Wednesday, July 5)
Of all my political opinion posts, this one was my favorite. Rather boldly, I vehemently slam what has become a cause celebre for the conservative interests with whom I tend to ally myself. It was admittedly a controversial post, considering it does not only tolerate flag burning but arguably condones it, but I believe it gave me the opportunity to display my political independence and my unwillingness to toe the party line by slinging barbs at both sides of the aisle.

4. Top Five Most Difficult Types of Reality Show Challenges (Sunday, July 23)
I watch a lot of reality television. Did you know that? Well, if you didn't know that before reading this post, you surely do now. I am such a student of the genre that I can identify patterns among challenges and point out examples from all sorts of different shows. Is it something to be proud of? Or have I wasted countless hours of my life?

5. Top Five Least Clutch Quarterbacks (Saturday, August 5)
Knowing that a blog is a public document sitting in cyberspace which anybody with a computer can read, I have a long-standing policy that I will refuse to write anything critical or disrespectful about anyone else. Fortunately, however, this policy does not apply to celebrities or athletes or politicians or anyone else who has willingly subjected themselves to public scrutiny. In such cases, I declare myself free to snark away. While Paris Hilton, Tom Cruise, Mel Gibson, and anyone associated with American Idol have found themselves on the receiving end of my barbs, I reserved the sharpest ones for Peyton Manning. Not only did I disgrace Manning by naming him the least clutch quarterback of the last decade and including him in the company of Ryan Leaf and Rob Johnson, I also had to add insult to injury and make him number four and five on my list as well.

Honorable Mention: Top Five It's A Magical World Posts (Wednesday, September 13)
What could be more self-indulgent than including on my list of my top five blog posts the post where I list my top five blog posts? Is your head spinning yet?

Enjoy the next hundred!

No comments: